Sunday, August 20, 2006

It's a boy!

One of my best friends in the world, Amanda, found out that she is having a boy this week. Amanda and I have been friends since 8th grade. We've had some hard times, but she has been an incredible person in my life, and played a really important role in my becoming a believer. She is a great woman, and I couldn't be more excited that she and her husband of almost 3 years will have their first child come January. I guess this makes me an aunt of sorts. Hooray.

Clint and I had a gathering at our place Saturday night and it turned out to be quite the happening deal. We started out eating dinner at the Lindo, then after everyone had had a couple margaritas we decided it would be an excellent idea to watch Napolean Dynamite. It was me, Clint, Brian, Andrea, and Benj to start out with. Then Kelly and the Westerholds showed up. We had a fantastic time sitting on our porch, talking about life. And sex. Because what conversation is complete without talking about that? Plus it was all girls outside and we just can't help ourselves.
Then we came inside and all piled on top of Brian Murphy. Not really sure why we did this, but it seemed appropriate at the time. **Brian then proceded to take his pants off twice and dance for us, similar to what my husband did at community group last week. It was great. Thankfully he didn't threaten to relieve himself off of our balcony though. . .unlike someone else I know...**

Today my new friend Andrea and I drove out to my in-law's lakehouse. I hate even saying "in-laws" because it has such a negative connotation and these people are some of the best people I've ever known. I was telling Andrea about it on the way down there, and I stopped to think "Man, I'm really lucky to have married into such a cool family." Michelle, Clint's mom is such a role model to me. She has been through SO much and is remarkably not bitter, which is foreign to me. It's something the women in my family have all struggled with.

Tonight, I met up with my brother to go see Snakes on a Plane. Yes, I did pay money to go see this film and I'm telling you, it was fantastic. Snakes were seriously all over this plane, people dying from their venomous bites left and right, and finally when Samuel L. Jackson decides he' s had enough he screams "I'm tired of all these mothaf***in' snakes on this mothaf***in' plane!" and he takes his gun and blows out the windows mid-flight. Everybody in the theater starting clapping and cheering. Spectacular. A cinematic snack if you will.

And now, I'm about to snuggle up with my dog and my husband until I am too sleepy, and then I will go to bed. That's a great weekend if you ask me.

10 comments:

Brian T. Murphy said...

liz - I can't believe there was no mention of my pants hitting the floor twice in the same night. also, I can't wait to see snakes on planes.

Anonymous said...

Reading this post made me so sad and jealous and downright FURIOUS that we don't live there to share these moments with you. :( Amanda looks SO beautiful. I need to call that woman. And psst. You're already an aunt. :D Love you. Can't wait for the beach.

Liz said...

brian- there. is that better?

danielle- i KNOW. so move to birmingham already! hooker. = )

12 more days!!!!!!!

Brian T. Murphy said...

yes!

Benj said...

Yesterday I got a message on my answering machine from Samuel L. Jackson telling me to see "Snakes on a Plane." It sounds pretty amazing.

Liz said...

benj- it was great to have you in the 'ham this weekend.

samuel l. jackson kind of scares me, but i love it. you should definitely go see "snakes on a plane", you won't be disappointed. there's actually a scene where a snake attaches itself to a man's penis. i mean, how could it get any better than that??

ersatz said...

i love snakes on a plane. i think the greatest part was when the snake was crawling out of a dead guy's throat. when the timer was ticking down, the whole theater (about 25 people) started counting down "three, two, one, SNAKES!" It was amazing.

Liz said...

ersatz- yes, that was SO intense. i actually sort of looked away bc i'm a pansy with gross stuff. i also like when the huge python ate the guy with the hair plugs. predictable, but awesome.

so.......do I know you in real life?

Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

these are the parties i'm always wanting to get invited too!

Benj said...

A snake attached to a penis? Cinematic genius. Say no more, I will be seeing this film immediately.