Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Clint and I need a vacation

Got any ideas? I'm trying to plan something for the two of us for this fall without breaking the bank.

I can't wait until January, when we'll be at the place below, up in the Smokey Mountains with a bunch of friends, lots of vino, cigars, a chessboard, and no alarm clocks.
















Not to mention our own private jacuzzi and a king size bed! Not that I don't love sleeping in Clint's armpit every night mind you, but a vacation from our double bed will be oh so nice.

7 comments:

Brian T. Murphy said...

rent a cabin at cheaha. brooke and I did that last year for her birthday. it wasn't very expensive. it's not very far, you can bring the dog, and the cabins are really nice, they look right out over the mountains. no tvs. really quiet. very relaxing. we sat outside and read all day. it was awesome.

brett said...

We rented a cabin near Ft. Payne that was fantastic. It was just a few minutes from Little River Canyon which is breathtaking (lots of great overlook spots). The cabin was owned by a very nice family that owns several in that area and was quite reasonable.

Liz said...

websites or contact information please...?

brett- don't laugh...where is little river canyon?

brett said...

here is the website:

Bear Creek Log Cabins

Little River Canyon is in northeast Alabama at the foot of Lookout Mtn.

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest something but these guys' ideas are like 100 times better for y'all (location, etc). Yay for vacations!

Brian T. Murphy said...

liz just google cheaha state park.

Liz said...

brett- thanks!

danielle- all that matters is that you're coming to the beach with me!

btm- fine fine smarty pants.