Sunday, February 10, 2008

California, California, Here We Come...


Driving in our rental car, with our beloved GPS system who we dubbed 'Dolores', presumably after the Back to the Future car: the Dolorean. Let's face it folks, when you've got a machine in your car guided by satellites that knows exactly where you are and can tell you how to get where you're going, you're living in the future.


I was amazed at how much of the plant life was completely foreign to me. I was only able to pick out the names of a handful of plants and trees the whole time. The picture above was taken at the camp where RMM was playing in Scotts Valley. It had just stopped raining and there was steam coming off the trees.





A tasty meal in Yountville, CA with my love.


The view from our room at the Meritage in Napa.


Amoeba Music in the Haight. We had dinner on the same street that night at Alembic with Joseph and Rachel Digerness and enjoyed some really great drinks. We stayed there so long talking that by the time we were ready to go we were all starving again and stopped in at the pizza place next door for a little slice of heaven.




Red Mountain Music. So very, very good for my soul.

2 comments:

Matthew Smith said...

Yay the future!!!!

Brian T. Murphy said...

glad you were with us for this one, liz. a fun trip for sure. I regret how freaking insanely busy I was the entire time. I was more exhausted than I've been in a long time on sunday night.

nice photos.

and this music is surprisingly good for the soul. it's mysterious.