Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Days Like Today I'm Glad I have an Office With a Door and an Ipod

I have felt like crap all day, but music has really helped keep me going. Highlights from my playlist today:


It’s Good to Be King – Tom Petty, Wildflowers

The outro to this song is simply the best. Ever.


Full of Grace – Sarah McLachlan, Surfacing

“Oh darkness I feel like letting go.
If all of the strength and all of the courage,
Come and lift me from this place,
I know I could love you much better than this,
Full of grace, full of grace, my love
I know I can love you much better than this,
It’s better this way.”


Radiohead – The Bends

The whole record.


Any Color Your Like – Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon


The wet, distorted guitar sounds are simply ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


Shine on You Crazy Diamond – Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

Again, the guitar…. David Gilmour is so badass.


Cold As It Gets – Patty Griffin

“There's a million sad stories on the side of the road
Strange how we all just got used to the blood
Millions of stories that'll never be told
Silent and froze in the mud


Moses – Patty Griffin

“I need a little place in the sun sometimes or I think I may die.”


I find myself saying this to Clint in different wording all the damn time. GOD I HATE WINTER!!!


And one last thought: I think that humans as a whole have a grossly underestimated the effect and importance of kindness. It is one of my greatest aspirations at this point in my life to become more kind.

1 comment:

Clint Wells said...

good post babe. the guitar playing on dark side is simply other worldly.

and kudos on the kindness. bagel.