
Brian and Brooke picked me up at the apartment around 6 last night and we made it through the madness that is 65S to meet up with Clint for some pre-concert dinner. Apparently it was .99 cent margarita night at Applebee's so I said "Eh, what the hell" and ordered one. Yeah, don't ever order a .99 cent margarita from Applebee's. It tasted like straight sour mix. So I flag down our server and I ask him for a shot of tequila and he says "Um, yeah, I'll see what I can do...". Not "sure" or "coming right up". It was like "um, well, there's a chance that getting you a shot of tequila won't be possible, but I'll try real hard". I don't get it. Then, Clint is right in the middle of explaining to us how annoying this one server had been while he was trying to read his book before we got there, and right as he's talking a server comes over and won't shut up about how they DID in fact have Bass Ale even though the server said that they didn't and blah blah blah. She walked away and we just looked at Clint and laughed. Anyway, we finish up and we head over to the Verizon Wireless Music Center. Inside I purchased my first $6 can of beer. That's right folks. Damn supply and demand...

So, the Goo Good Dolls were better than I thought they would be. Correction: the lead singer and the drummer were better than I thought they would be. He had one guitar player that I couldn't believe was up on the stage. I looked at Clint and was like "Um, they don't even deserve you". Highlights: Slide, Name, Iris, and Broadway. Good tunes, especially Name, but I was dissappointed that he didn't hit the high notes on Iris. Oh well.
Ahh, the Crows. They were fantastic, and that is an understatement. Adam Duritz did not miss a single note (and he obviously has not been missing any meals). His guitar players were fabulous except the one in the middle. He got on my nerves with some overly frilly crap. I was surprised at how many songs I didn't know, but was so content to sit and watch Clint bask in every one.
Highlights for me: Monkey, Perfect Blue Buildings, Long December, and Mr. Jones (which they did slowly like on Storytellers-as an encore).

9 comments:
Murder of one! Are you kidding me? That song was unbelievable...
great show last night. I found evan and kelly and chris and rachel and sat up on the 3rd tier, with three $6 beers in my belly (one I found on the ground and decided it was worth the savings), and closed my eyes and loved every second of music the counting crows played. ahh the memories.
oh yeah, that was really good, but it was the first time i'd ever heard it and couldn't remember what it was called.
tell me you're kidding about the beer on the ground...
no it was totally on the ground. it was a full plastic cup of beer, just sitting there, and I asked whose it was and no one claimed it so I drank it. it was tasty and delicious.
also, saturday night, when you were out of town, clint and I were sitting at the garage with andrea and we were taking turns putting a 5 dollar bill in our mouths.
I left at color-blind. i couldn't handle his silly theatrics i was less a fan than i thought, but the dolls were fabulous. he so old but gracious. The dude with the dreads that sang a few reminded me of a roach but they were all rocking out just the same...
brian- i can't communicate how disgusting that is. why would you want to put a nasty-ass $5 bill in your mouth? please tell me andrea didn't participate...
em- you didnt like the theatrics? man, that's actually one of the things i really enjoyed. i really was pleasantly surprised by the ggd. clint kept saying that the main guy looked like brad pitt. i said it was more like val kilmer.
and the dude with the dreads looked freakin' possessed. he totally creeped me out.
I am still so glad they played "Murder of One." And opened with "Anna Begins"! and closed with "Holiday In Spain"!
It was FABULOUS. Except we missed the best part of the ggd it sounds like. I love "Slide" and "Iris"
WHAT A BABE (Adam, not clint. . .though I'm sure you think clint is also a babe).
I love that picture. PLease tell me it was with your camera and not the web.
I have loved the Crows since I was eleven. Beautiful poetry. I can't believe how much they played off August! So great. . .I love me some Omaha.
I will take Adam's "Silly theatrics" any night of the week
carla- yeah, apparently i've never heard august in its entirity....i'd never heard murder of one or anna begins, but they were definitely great.
bonita- i definitely took the picture myself.
and adam was not looking so hot...he was looking rather pudgy actually. but i did enjoy his theatrics.
that photo of you and C-money is awesome. very cool.
Post a Comment