We get our targets set up and my friend David hands me a Ruger .22, semi-automatic. I fired a couple rounds and it was no big deal. Next up, the .38 revolver. I fired once, got really nervous and had to put it down. A minute later I picked it back up and fired off another 5 shots. Then the .40 and the .45. I fired each of these one time and went back to the .38. Just too much kick for this girl. By this time I had gotten pretty comfortable and I set up a new target. Check out the mad skills:

I ended up having a really great time. No scary redneck gawkers, and no random bullets grazing my temple at 500 miles an hour. It’s kind of like going to the batting cages, you get in a good rhythm and its really fun. BTM says I still need to try out a 9mm, which I will at some point I’m sure, but for now, I think I’m a .38 revolver girl. No bullshit, just good ole straightforward shooting – just like me.


3 comments:
I shot a 9 mm pistol for the first time this weekend... it was the first time I have shot ANYTHING! I was really proud of myself... I've always been very, very scared of guns.
that was my first time as well, and i was super proud of myself. i grew up around guns so i wasn't scared of being around them persay, just scared that the kickback would screw up my shoulders
for those of you who don't know, i have kevlar in my shoulders from cartilage replacement surgery 3 years ago. yes it is ironic that kevlar is bulletproof material.
Rock on, sharpshooter Liz! I grew up around guns, too, but I'm still deathly afraid of them. I don't even like BB guns. I'll just be sure to give you a call next time I feel like going to the range and firing a few rounds. Tee-hee. That's something my dad would say, "Let's go to the range and fire a few rounds! You know, for fun!"
Post a Comment