That's great news, Liz. I hope you have a great time. I liked UAB in a totally different way than I liked Auburn. It's a really interesting experience.
thanks to all. = ) i was actually super nervous that they wouldn't accept me. i wasn't exactly a stellar student before, but i think (hope) it will be a better go this time.
for the ones who asked: i'm going to study graphic design and web layout because it's my work that's paying for me to go and that's what i do at work. i want to study spanish too, but that's further down the road. for now though, i'm pretty excited to actually have someone teach me things that i've had to teach myself over the past 7 months. i think it will make my job much easier. i'm only going to take one class to start off with then maybe progress from there. i still don't have a bachelor's so i'm thinking maybe i could have one in a couple of years if i pace myself. we'll see. i think that at this point in my life it's a good decision to try and finish school. it will (most likely) help me down the road, even though i don't like to admit it.
There's no doubt that it will help you down the road. It's hard to say where it could lead and that's exciting for sure. The big difference between UAB and Auburn is that there are older students at UAB. A lot of people work their way through. I was in grad school, but I think its the same way in the undergrad programs,too. You won't feel weird because you're only taking one class.
-
i just need to acknowledge that i have the most insanely kind and beautiful
friends. i am just waking up to this, i had forgotten it. i knew it before,
but...
Katie Deter – The Brooklyn Sessions
-
A few months ago, a friend posted a video of Katie singing the classic
Stephen Foster song, “hard times” and I immediately was surprised and drawn
in by Ka...
What Brings Us Together
-
Many similarities exist between our daily lives in Florida and our daily
lives here, and between the people here and the people back home. More
brings us t...
Lucy the Valiant
-
This past Monday, I buried my lab Lucy.
Lucy was very sick for about 5 days. We knew something was wrong when she
didn't want to eat one morning, and ...
Raves!
-
In case any of you peeps were wondering - Weight Watchers works! I have
lost FIFTY pounds since my little girl was born 4 months ago. I joined WW 2
weeks a...
12 comments:
Hip, Hip, Hurray!
I hated UAB, but probably just because I was a 17-year-old know-nothing kid who'd just come off of the worst year of his life. Ahh, 1996 . . .
Congrats, Liz. You'll do well. :)
Wait, WHAT?! You must inform me further.
Wait, Rae is here too?
Dude, EVERYONE knows EVERYONE.
(Oh, and congrats. :) What are you going to study?)
Damn straight!
for what???
congrats!!
That's great news, Liz. I hope you have a great time. I liked UAB in a totally different way than I liked Auburn. It's a really interesting experience.
Su
thanks to all. = ) i was actually super nervous that they wouldn't accept me. i wasn't exactly a stellar student before, but i think (hope) it will be a better go this time.
for the ones who asked: i'm going to study graphic design and web layout because it's my work that's paying for me to go and that's what i do at work. i want to study spanish too, but that's further down the road. for now though, i'm pretty excited to actually have someone teach me things that i've had to teach myself over the past 7 months. i think it will make my job much easier. i'm only going to take one class to start off with then maybe progress from there. i still don't have a bachelor's so i'm thinking maybe i could have one in a couple of years if i pace myself. we'll see. i think that at this point in my life it's a good decision to try and finish school. it will (most likely) help me down the road, even though i don't like to admit it.
yippe skippe graphic design! Erin wright is an awesome teacher!
There's no doubt that it will help you down the road. It's hard to say where it could lead and that's exciting for sure. The big difference between UAB and Auburn is that there are older students at UAB. A lot of people work their way through. I was in grad school, but I think its the same way in the undergrad programs,too. You won't feel weird because you're only taking one class.
Su
congrats liz.
-josh w.
Awesome, baby! I'm really proud of you. :)
Post a Comment