Monday, April 14, 2008

Good Wine and Dark Chocolate

Right now I'm in my bed writing on my laptop listening to Brian T. Murphy bang out some lovely tunes on our upright Winter piano which he actually gave us last year. Coincidentally the mere sight of BTM wheeling in the piano sent our then dog, Allie, into a state of panic causing her to poop right in the middle of our bed. Not exactly awesome, but then Allie was special. Precisely why she went night-night and we acquired the awesome, the fabulous: Wilco Dog.

I digress.

It's been a really fun night. Paul Scodova, who mixes the Red Mtn records, drove in from Nashville to do some recording tonight and tomorrow night. I fixed some spaghetti and BTM brought some tasty wine and we had a great time being loud and silly as hell talking about everything from the Marilyn Monroe sex tape, Alabama peaches, to the effect of illegal immigrants on the American Health Care system. Two of the most amicable drunks I know: Clint Wells and Brian T. Murphy. They kept me laughing the whole night. Love it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allie went 'night-night.' I know this sounds horrible, but that cracked me up. I want to know your recipe for spaghetti. (Like the new pic in your blog header... I'm assuming you took it?)

Liz said...

don't feel too bad.. i snickered to myself as i wrote it!

i don't do anything home made like you do. i always use whole wheat pasta, ground turkey instead of ground chuck, and usually classico italian sausage sauce with some extra basil from my plant at the house and cracked pepper. i also really enjoy sautéing some onion and red/green bell peppers in olive oil and adding them to the sauce but clint can't stand onions or peppers so i usually skip that part.

Brian T. Murphy said...

last night was a good time.

clint needs to get over his disdain for onions and peppers. hopefully that will happen soon.

Liz said...

brian - great night. hate that it's been so long since we had you over. and i doubt clint will ever dig the onion and pepper thing... i keep trying to chop them up smaller and smaller so he won't notice, but he can ALWAYS tell. i guess it'd be like him trying to sneak some mayonnaise into something. ugh. gag.

Elisa M said...

I loved this post. Your life seemed so beautiful and life giving at that one moment. The kind of post you look back at on the days when you are sure that God has left you to remember that beauty often does come. Sometimes in the form of friends banging out tunes and drinking.

Danielle said...

I need another Liz post! I finished the 5k and ran about half of it, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. I could have done better if I weren't sick, but at least I did it, right?! It was a great experience and felt awesome to meet a goal I'd set. Thanks for your encouragement. :)