Friday, March 14, 2008

My Mother Made a Liar Out of Me

So I’m working in the yard two nights ago and Mom rolls up in her truck. I do a double take and notice she’s got something very interesting in the passenger seat: Zeus.

I know.

I run up to the car and yank the door open, and hug the behemoth, looking completely exasperated at my mom. “What happened??” Tears are pouring down my face.

Apparently there was some kind of miscommunication with the vet office. They thought they were supposed to QUARANTINE Zeus since he bit someone, not put him down. Mom said she had come in that day and Dad looked agitated. He sat her down and told her about the mix up and that he had decided that it was a sign, he had changed his mind, and he was going to pick him up. So there they were standing in my front yard, Mom with Zeus who looked happy as a clam.

I don’t know that I’ve ever cried so hard out of sheer joy.

3 comments:

Carla Jean said...

Oh, wow!

Brian T. Murphy said...

holy crap.

it's like dingo part 2.

except with an extra 4thousand pounds of dog.

Brian T. Murphy said...

and larger teeth.