*So I’m a little ashamed to admit this but………I think I’m addicted to the OC. I had a three day weekend this weekend and I’ve watched half of the first season so far. If you don’t know how much OC that is- believe me, it’s a lot. And I freakin love it. And I kind of hate myself for it.
*Clint and I are officially moving in to our new digs on January 8th with some help from some movers. We’re VERY excited about living next door to Cal & Heather, some kickass people that, if you don’t know, you should because their awesome, and living on the first floor (no more stairs! Woo-hoo!). I will admit though that we’re probably the most excited about having a bed that’s bigger than a damn cracker-jack box and enough closet space to hide all those dead bodies. I mean, uh………
*I have been without iPod for a couple of weeks now since Clint screwed up replacing my battery and have been listening to the radio. Joshua Westerhold brought it to my attention that 100.5 had turned into “the Vulcan” and is no longer the home of Beaner & Ken. This is very disappointing. Beaner & Ken, aside from being hilarious, were the only thing keeping me away from the trainwreck that is War of the Roses on 95.7 JAMZ in the morning. I confess, it’s addictive like daytime soaps and I listen to it every damn morning.
*I am really frustrated with this whole “public representative” thing. It’s such bullshit.. Politics has become a “you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours” policy. The whole concept has been flipped to where the people are there to serve the purposes of those who represent them. Instead of being able to go into a Congressman’s office and voice concerns, one must kiss ass or wave around some free lunches and golf games so as to be heard. I just feel so disenchanted with how things like party-line voting and zoning have the power to suck the wind out of the sails of free speech and equality. Instead of “we the people” it is “we who cower when making a suggestion contrary to the majority party”. Why is the question “Republican or Democrat” instead of “Right or Wrong” or maybe “Beneficial or Destructive”?
Will we every break out of the ‘red or blue’ rut and seek what’s best for the people instead of trying to walk some damn line?
“Experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed”
The Declaration of Independence

3 comments:
i'm in your post...I"M ON YOUR POST!!! WOOHOO
Seriously though, you should read Citizenship Papers by Wendall Berry. You would dig it.
Also, you could join me in boycotting national politics. Keep it local baby!!
JW
i want to boycott the colors "red" and "blue".
shit man, we've got to start somewhere.
Yosh- Yes, yes you are.
i am just starting jayber crow(e)? hopefully this will be the beginning of many books i read my Mr. Berry.
and yes, local politics is good. i hear ben franklin was very much against national goverment. i'm looking forward to researching that more.
clint- i love you.
Post a Comment