I am constantly reminded by those around me that our Community Group is not about dissecting some part of the bible, or sitting in a circle sharing "unspoken prayer requests", or intellectually/philosophically wanking off.
Its about providing a space and an atmosphere where people are free to sit in the shit, or to completely set themselves free and laugh for a little while. Life is hard enough. I think sillyness and banter gets written off as foolishness or an unstructured waste of time but I think it can be way more beneficial than discussing hermeneutics, apologetics, and even existentialist bullshit. It allows people to come up to the surface for a while, and perhaps to get a better view or what's really going on. I need that. Don't you?



Photos by: Me, T. Scott Carlisle, and Brian T. Murphy

4 comments:
I approve time wasting and silliness.
I revel in moments when I can just BE.
good post. I agree.
I love the pictures of everyone laughing. I have always liked laughing pictures.
I loved this post! My husband & I host a small group & we love to laugh until we cry together. Most of the time we're simply talking about farts-n-stuff. It's awesome. I need it so much.
Post a Comment