Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Maaah Buddy

My cousin Michael left for Eglin Air Force base in Pensacola, Fl. We had a lot of fun while he was in town watching Into the Wild and freaking out over Eddie Vedder, going to get our new dog Sadie, doing a little wardrobe shopping for his younger brother Lee and just kicking it really.


Been doing a lot of planning for my sister in law Mandy’s wedding. I’m hosting a Luau shower for her in a few weeks that should be a lot of fun. We’ve successfully managed to get her dress, pick out flowers, music, musicians, and location. I can’t believe the big day is a little over two months away!! It’ll be bittersweet though, as they’ll be moving to Jacksonville, NC where Adrian is stationed for the next two years or so and then maybe California after that. There’ll also be a trip to Iraq/Iran somewhere in there too.


Sadie girl is acclimating quite well to her new environment. Wilco took a few days to warm up to her though. We’ve been kenneling her at night (in Wilco’s old kennel) and the first night she woke us up crying. Upon further investigation I realized that Wilco (apparently trying to state his opinion of this new addition) had totally hiked his leg on the kennel and peed all over her!! He has since lightened up and the two seem like their bonding pretty well. It seems to have calmed Wilco down a bit, and has really made us appreciate what a good dog he is.


I’ve said this before, but GOD we have the best neighbors. Seriously, they’re way better than your neighbors. They’ve got a carpenter working for them doing some touch-up stuff on the house and I called Kristin one day to find out if she thought he could build us a deck and she says, “Well we’ve got a miter saw and a nail gun… we could always help you do it!” Since I last wrote about them graciously taking in the Home Depot Kitty, Miss Leila Rose (who is doing awesome btw) they have taken in two more pathetic, lost feline souls in need of bottle-feeding. I swear Kristin is like the Mother Teresa of all things cats, ferrets, and fishies. Their house is filled with all sorts of furry and scaly creatures. Heather recently brought Bain and Coulter by to meet Sadie and we went next door to visit and Bain stood in front of their 120 gallon salt water tank, marveling. Coulter meanwhile was quite content to chew on Miss Sadie’s ears. Fun times. But yeah, they seriously help us do everything. Not to mention, while Clint’s out of town they are always inviting me over to have dinner. More than that though, they’re just a good hang. Clint played at Bottletree last week and not only did they come out to see him, but they somehow finagled their 8 year old son through the door. I certainly don’t remember MY parents taking me to rock concerts when I was 8 years old. Pretty badass if you ask me.

No comments: